Pietermaritzburg

Thumbnail Title Description
Provincial Building

Colour print 15.1 x 10.5cm

Legislative Council Building, Longmarket Street, Pietermaritzburg

Sepia print 19.4 x 13.5cm

The opening of Legislative Council by Lieutant Govenor Keate in 1868. This building was originally the Government School Room, and in it were held the Church of England Services prior to the erection of St Peter's Cathedral which was opened about 1956.

Sepia print 29.8 x 16cm

Railway Station 1900

Sepia print 19.6 x 14cm

Railway Station during the Boer War

Sepia print 21 x 15cm

Old Railway Station (1880's). Present station built in 1892. Natal Railways - JFE Barnes Collection verso Old Pmb Station. New station used from 10 September 1982

Sepia print 19.9 x 11.7cm

Photograph of a drawing of the post office building. New General Post and Telegraph offices, Longmarket Street, Pietermaritzburg

Sepia print 20.1 x 14.9cm

Loop Street, Pietermaritzburg. Office of the Railways (left) and the Museum. The Railways office later became the Police Headquarters

Sepia print 19.9 x 15.5cm

Longmarket Street. The old Government House building. Later the Natal Training College. Matron Mrs Milliard and Medical Officer

Sepia print 15.2 x 13.8cm

Government House, Longmarket Street, Pietermaritzburg

Sepia print 18.2 x 13.8cm

Supreme Court Building, Commercial Road

Sepia print 16 x 10.4cm

Post Office, Commercial Road, Pietermaritzburg

Sepia print 20.5 x 14.7cm

Colonial buildings, Church Street, Pietermaritzburg

Sepia print 15.1 x 11.7cm

Back of the old Colonial Offices, Church Street, Pietermaritzburg

Sepia print 22.3 x 18cm

247-253 Church Street. Colonial Offices (1845-1897). Demolished in 1897 to make way for present Colonial Building on same site

Black and white print 20.5 x 16.2cm

Christmas card showing the Pietermaritzburg Town Hall in colour

Colour print 14.1 x 8.7cm

Unknown

Sepia print 16 x 12.7cm

Unkown

Black and white print 19.2 x 13.6cm

The second Town Hall, Commercial Road, Pietermaritzburg

Sepia print 16 x 11.3cm

The second Town Hall, opened 4 August 1901. Commercial Road, Pietermaritzburg

Sepia print 20.1 x 15.2cm

Pages

447 records found.