Terms And Conditions Of Use
By using the DISA digital archive you agree to abide by the following terms and conditions:
- Use of the DISA archive and its content, including photographs, pictures, illustrations, audio reproductions and text is permitted solely for educational, scholarly, research and non-commercial purposes only. Commercial use, including unauthorized reproduction, publication or other exploitation, is prohibited.
- The rights of all copyright holders must be respected, and any restrictions on the use of the archive content established by DISA as a consequence of the wishes of copyright holders and/or the law, subject to “fair use” principles allowing limited academic or educational uses, must be complied with. Failure to comply with the above is considered infringement of the intellectual property rights of identified copyright owners and may result in legal action against such person or persons, organizations or institutions. You may not modify any content or copyright or other notices contained in the archive.
- DISA cannot guarantee the historical or factual accuracy of materials contained in the archive, and is not liable for any inaccuracies, errors or omissions.
- You may download or print only the limited portion of the content that is relevant to your current research needs. “Fair use” principles of law applicable in your jurisdiction should guide usage. Bulk downloading of content in any way or form is prohibited.
- Copyright is not applicable to content that is in the public domain or in other ways not subject to copyright protection e.g. government publications not subject to copyright protection.
- DISA has physical, electronic and management measures in place to prevent unauthorized access to user information, but cannot be responsible for information collected from websites linking from or to DISA. Please read the privacy policies of these other sites before providing them with personal information.
- You agree to indemnify DISA, its officers and agents from any and all liability and costs incurred by them in connection with any claim arising out of misuse of the content or breach of these Terms and Conditions by you. You agree to cooperate as fully as is reasonable in the defense of any such claim.
- Any use of the DISA archive not permitted by these Terms and Conditions or that is illegal or abusive may be grounds for termination of your registration without notice and at DISA’s sole discretion.
- This agreement is interpreted in accordance with the laws of South Africa.
- Any controversy or claim related to these Terms and Conditions or your use of DISA shall be settled by arbitration in Durban, South Africa, in accordance with the Arbitration Act of South Africa (Act 42 of 1965).
- The DISA archive is provided on an “as is” basis, and without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including non-infringement, accuracy of information and fitness for purpose.
- DISA will not be liable for any damages due to delay or difficulty relating to the use of the archive, whether due to technical difficulties or otherwise.
- DISA cannot offer any assurance that all attempts to detect computer viruses will be successful, and you assume the risk, if any, of undetected harmful software.
- Every best effort has been made to establish and obtain copyright permission on all resources on the DISA website. If you are able to supply more information on copyright ownership of any resources on our site, please contact us.
DISA reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions or any aspect of the digital archive at any time, and the new Terms and Conditions will be effective as soon as they are made available on the DISA website