E.A Londal

Thumbnail Titlesort ascending Description
Historical buildings and places

Caister lodge. 264 Musgrave road. Originally home of Sir Benjamin Wesley Greenacre. Original building replaced by his son Walter. in 1933 the house became the Caister Hotel. It became the Caister Hotel. it became Caister Lodge on 1 July 1987, an exclusive retirement village.

Historical buildings and places

121 Riley road. Erected c1906. Wood and iron house.

Historical buildings and places

543 Musgrave road, Bagatelle. Original owner was Leon Renaud. Built in 1905

Historical buildings and places

41 Vause road. Double storey semi detached house.

Historical buildings and places

73 Musgrave road. Built in 1902. Renovated and declared a national monument in 1982/1983. Philip Lowry lived there from 1920.

Historical buildings and places

295 Florida road Atherton. Built in 1903. Edwardian villa. Architect: W.E Roberts. Provisionally declared a national monument. it has been restored to its original beauty and is now a restaurant named squire's loft.

Historical buildings and places

295 Florida Road, before restoration. Original owner a Mrs Joel.

Historical buildings and places

4 Cartilage road, a side road off Jacobs ladder in Rossburg. Wood and iron house built c.1900-1910

Historical buildings and places

659 Musgrave road. Large domestic home.

Historical buildings and places

659 Musgrave Road. It has five bedrooms, three bathrooms, two lounges and four garages.

Historical buildings and places

Kings house, Mentone road. Erected 1902. President of the Republic of South Africa lives in it when in Durban. Accomodated Prince of Wales in 1925, King George VI and family during their visit to South Africa in 1947.

Historical buildings and places

20 Glenearn road off Hartley road. One of the oldest houses in this area, built c1900. The wood family lived there in 1912.

Historical buildings and places

68 Ridge road. Now an old age home. It was declared a national monument in 1984. built in 1898 by the architect Sir David Hunter.

Historical buildings and places

504 Windermere road. Woodcutter's restaurant, a reconstruction.

Historical buildings and places

677 Currie Road. Owned by Michael Green, editor of Natal Daily News. First deed of transfer of the site, subdivision 3 of Lot 126, Block B of the town Lands of Durban no. 1737, was registered in 1881.

Historical buildings and places

59 Musgrave Road. Monaltric. Restored to its original beauty with glass towers at back. Used as architects' offices.

Historical buildings and places

59 Musgrave Road. Monaltric. The house was designed by architec William Street Wilson. Information from an unidentified newscutting. The house was built in 1897 and provisionally declared a national monument.

Historical buildings and places

Hadllow probably named after Hadllow castle in England. The house was built for an English lady in 1894. Materials used were imported from England. Later was sold to Payne of Payne Brothers merchandising firm. It was then sold to Senator Clarkson. Guests included field Marshall Smuts.

Historical buildings and places

191 Chelmsford, past residence of Meyrick Bennett. Now Glenridge Nursery. Erection date 1892.

Historical buildings and places

Myrick Bennett Child guidance clinic. 191 Chelmsford Road. Built c.1890. Set in Meyrick Bennett park.

Pages

344 records found.