E.A Londal

Thumbnail Title Description
Historical buildings and places

House on Ridge rd.

Historical buildings and places

House on Ridge road

Historical buildings and places

Build 1910 at one stage it belonged to being. now storage and cold storage building.

Historical buildings and places

Situated behind workshops which were demolished.

Historical buildings and places

Publicity house, headquaters of the Pietermaritzburg publicity as-declared a national monument in 1978 May. soon to be restored to its former glory if the city council approves recommendation.

Historical buildings and places

View from bridge Musgrave road. Sydenham road underneath.

Historical buildings and places

No 2 Gleearn road. off Hartley road Overport. built 1900.

Historical buildings and places

Bluff and old lighthouse in background of aerial view of Durban. Lighthouse came into use in 1867 and demolished 1940 or 41

Historical buildings and places

City hall and gardens, Durban. Erected 1902..

Historical buildings and places

Post office clock tower. Erected in 1885 as Town Hall, became post office in 1902.

Historical buildings and places

Pigeons paradise city gardens, Durban.

Historical buildings and places

Lighthouse and signal mast. The old lighthouse at the end of the bluff, was erected in 1864. it was considered too easy a target during world war II and as a result was demolished owing to it being a landmark on the Durban skyline.

Historical buildings and places

28 Kilburn place 1989. Home of the late Vera Amos, who was a veterinary surgeon. The house is situated next to Strathmore lodge 305 Musgrave rd. Shows demolishing of house by property developers and trunk of 300 year old mahogany tree which was chopped down.

Historical buildings and places

A wood and iron cottage, 340 Essenwood road probably built after the boer war.

Historical buildings and places

Bell originally from the old fort moved to the botanic gardens. it used to be wrung every evening at 9pm to make the curfew for blacks.

Historical buildings and places

Warrior's gate of the Old Fort, built in 1936, corner of Old Fort road and N.M.R Avenue.

Historical buildings and places

Queens tavern restaurant. Built in 1890. houses the british middle east indian. sporting and dining club 16 Stamford hill road. Durban

Historical buildings and places

City swimming bath, it was first under cover. first bath in Durban.

Historical buildings and places

Old law court building converted into a museum. 1866 main post office and law courts. 1899 right wing added 1891 left wing added. 1962 taken out by provincial authorities and entire building made into public museum.

Historical buildings and places

Telephone exchange, erected 1909.

Pages

317 records found.