E.A Londal

Thumbnail Titlesort descending Description
Historical buildings and places

41 Vause road. Double storey semi detached house.

Historical buildings and places

543 Musgrave road, Bagatelle. Original owner was Leon Renaud. Built in 1905

Historical buildings and places

121 Riley road. Erected c1906. Wood and iron house.

Historical buildings and places

Caister lodge. 264 Musgrave road. Originally home of Sir Benjamin Wesley Greenacre. Original building replaced by his son Walter. in 1933 the house became the Caister Hotel. It became the Caister Hotel. it became Caister Lodge on 1 July 1987, an exclusive retirement village.

Historical buildings and places

37 Mallinson road. Sydenham. First owner was A.E Mallinson. Erected c1911. A.E Mallinson was Durban's chief Prosecutor. The house was by the first Indian builder in Durban, Sabaramy.

Historical buildings and places

House in Sea View. Built c. 1914-1916. Original iron roof in good order.

Historical buildings and places

649 Musgrave road. Private home with seven bedrooms and a snooker room.

Historical buildings and places

House in Brighton Beach. Built 1949. Owned by C.F.I Londal who donated his World War 11 diary and other items to the Campbell Collections in 1985.

Historical buildings and places

The Cigar box 433 Smith street. Housed in the Riches building built for the Riches family as headquarters for their printing works in 1901. Roman statue in a niche on the first floor is called. ''Spirit of Equity'' as endorsed by the British Museum.

Historical buildings and places

The Cigar box 433 Smith street. Housed in the Riches building built for the Riches family as headquarters for their printing works in 1901. Roman statue in a niche on the first floor is called. ''Spirit of Equity'' as endorsed by the British Museum.

Historical buildings and places

Corner Gardiner and Smith Street. c1910. Dtae stamp on back of post card 12/5/1910.

Historical buildings and places

The old Market house (at right). Built in 1910 in Pine street. Domes in background are of the fire station and the telephone exchange. At left back entrances of Randle Bros. and Hudson, Castle Arcade and Henwoods.

Historical buildings and places

Area between Stanger and Prince Alfred streets. Transportation of logs with sign reading "Fraser and Chalmers''.

Historical buildings and places

Smith Street, corner of Masonic Grove. "x" at right hand of picture indicates the tobacconist which still exists. The two bigger buildings in forefront of picture have been demolished. Factory logs for African Plywood Co. Fraser and Chalmers Ltd.

Historical buildings and places

Gardiner Street and Dead Man's Tree, on the corner of Gardiner and West street near the Post office. A portion of the post Office facing Pine street embodied the once popular empire Cinema and narrow street separating the Cinema and the old portion of the Post Office.

Historical buildings and places

Corner of West and Gardiner street. c1930. The traffic officer with his back to the camera standing on a platform was known as "the Prince of Wales" because of the unique similarity.

Historical buildings and places

West Street c1950 looking west. Trolley buses introduced c.1950. The old tram lines were at a later stage removed.

Historical buildings and places

City gardens and environs, 1936. Note Dead Man's Tree corner of Gardiner and West Street.

Historical buildings and places

Smith Steet c.1930s.

Historical buildings and places

Gardiner Street 1931. Visit of the Grenadier Guard Band to Durban. The band is depicted leaving the war memorial after a wreath was laid. 5 March 1931.

Pages

344 records found.