Campbell Collections

Thumbnail Titlesort descending Description
Historical buildings and places

Publicity house, headquaters of the Pietermaritzburg publicity as-declared a national monument in 1978 May. soon to be restored to its former glory if the city council approves recommendation.

Historical buildings and places

House in Sea View. Built c. 1914-1916. Original iron roof in good order.

Historical buildings and places

Situated behind workshops which were demolished.

Historical buildings and places

Criterion theatre on the corner of Gardiner street and the Esplanade. Open May 1912.

Historical buildings and places

Build 1910 at one stage it belonged to being. now storage and cold storage building.

Historical buildings and places

649 Musgrave road. Private home with seven bedrooms and a snooker room.

Historical buildings and places

House in Brighton Beach. Built 1949. Owned by C.F.I Londal who donated his World War 11 diary and other items to the Campbell Collections in 1985.

Historical buildings and places

Emmanuel Cathedral. The foundation stone laid in 1903 by Bishop Delave. it was erected in 1904. One of the best Gothic Revival churches in South Africa. The architect was street Wilson

Historical buildings and places

Norwegian Lutheran church, Winder street. Opened in 1902. Rikshas and riksha pullers in front.

Historical buildings and places

House on Ridge road

Historical buildings and places

Memorial chapel. ridge road. the old st Thomas church was built in 1864 in ridge road on the same site as the above. The church was replaced by substantial building in 1899 in Musgrave road.

Historical buildings and places

The playhouse, 1984. Opened 7 June 1935. Renovated with the princes theatre to form the Natal playhouse, a complex of theatres and art centre. Documantation from: Woolfson, Malcom. The long road to the Natal playhouse, Durban: Natal performing Arts council 1986.

Historical buildings and places

Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church, corner of St Thomas' road and Musgrave Road. Opened in 1958. from: Holy Trinity Parish

Historical buildings and places

House on Ridge rd.

Historical buildings and places

Inscriptions in the graveyard of the Verulam Cemetery: "In loving memory John Henry Harvey died 23 Aperil 1916. Husband of Sally Richards Harvey (nee Adams) Born 1840. Died 1928. and their son David Harold Harvey. Died 18th January 1948 aged 75 years and of James Henry Harvey.

Historical buildings and places

Criterion Theatre, c1940

Historical buildings and places

" In loving memory of Senator the Hon. Sir Marshall Campbell. The second son of the late William Campbell of Muckleneuk and Victoria country. Born 10th July 1848, passed away 20th April 1917.

Historical buildings and places

325 Musgrave rd, tripilarus, 1984.

Historical buildings and places

" To the memory of Francis Harvey and Anna his wife. Formerly of Hayle copperhouse cornwall, settled in Verulam in 1850." They lived for others and may they rest from their labours and their works do follow them. 1882.

Historical buildings and places

"... George Robert Adams. Died 29 August 1963, aged 92 years old."

Pages

30487 records found.