Campbell Collections

Thumbnail Titlesort descending Description
Historical buildings and places

Emmanuel Cathedral. The foundation stone laid in 1903 by Bishop Delave. it was erected in 1904. One of the best Gothic Revival churches in South Africa. The architect was street Wilson

Historical buildings and places

Norwegian Lutheran church, Winder street. Opened in 1902. Rikshas and riksha pullers in front.

Historical buildings and places

House on Ridge road

Historical buildings and places

Memorial chapel. ridge road. the old st Thomas church was built in 1864 in ridge road on the same site as the above. The church was replaced by substantial building in 1899 in Musgrave road.

Historical buildings and places

The playhouse, 1984. Opened 7 June 1935. Renovated with the princes theatre to form the Natal playhouse, a complex of theatres and art centre. Documantation from: Woolfson, Malcom. The long road to the Natal playhouse, Durban: Natal performing Arts council 1986.

Historical buildings and places

Holy Trinity Roman Catholic Church, corner of St Thomas' road and Musgrave Road. Opened in 1958. from: Holy Trinity Parish

Historical buildings and places

House on Ridge rd.

Historical buildings and places

Inscriptions in the graveyard of the Verulam Cemetery: "In loving memory John Henry Harvey died 23 Aperil 1916. Husband of Sally Richards Harvey (nee Adams) Born 1840. Died 1928. and their son David Harold Harvey. Died 18th January 1948 aged 75 years and of James Henry Harvey.

Historical buildings and places

Criterion Theatre, c1940

Historical buildings and places

" In loving memory of Senator the Hon. Sir Marshall Campbell. The second son of the late William Campbell of Muckleneuk and Victoria country. Born 10th July 1848, passed away 20th April 1917.

Historical buildings and places

325 Musgrave rd, tripilarus, 1984.

Historical buildings and places

" To the memory of Francis Harvey and Anna his wife. Formerly of Hayle copperhouse cornwall, settled in Verulam in 1850." They lived for others and may they rest from their labours and their works do follow them. 1882.

Historical buildings and places

"... George Robert Adams. Died 29 August 1963, aged 92 years old."

Historical buildings and places

The Cigar box 433 Smith street. Housed in the Riches building built for the Riches family as headquarters for their printing works in 1901. Roman statue in a niche on the first floor is called. ''Spirit of Equity'' as endorsed by the British Museum.

Historical buildings and places

The Cigar box 433 Smith street. Housed in the Riches building built for the Riches family as headquarters for their printing works in 1901. Roman statue in a niche on the first floor is called. ''Spirit of Equity'' as endorsed by the British Museum.

Historical buildings and places

Corner Gardiner and Smith Street. c1910. Dtae stamp on back of post card 12/5/1910.

Historical buildings and places

The old Market house (at right). Built in 1910 in Pine street. Domes in background are of the fire station and the telephone exchange. At left back entrances of Randle Bros. and Hudson, Castle Arcade and Henwoods.

Historical buildings and places

Area between Stanger and Prince Alfred streets. Transportation of logs with sign reading "Fraser and Chalmers''.

Historical buildings and places

Smith Street, corner of Masonic Grove. "x" at right hand of picture indicates the tobacconist which still exists. The two bigger buildings in forefront of picture have been demolished. Factory logs for African Plywood Co. Fraser and Chalmers Ltd.

Historical buildings and places

Gardiner Street and Dead Man's Tree, on the corner of Gardiner and West street near the Post office. A portion of the post Office facing Pine street embodied the once popular empire Cinema and narrow street separating the Cinema and the old portion of the Post Office.

Pages

30075 records found.