Campbell Collections

Thumbnail Titlesort descending Description
Historical buildings and places

59 Musgrave Road. Monaltric. Restored to its original beauty with glass towers at back. Used as architects' offices.

Historical buildings and places

Another flashlight suprise, middle row second from left E.A Londal's mother and at the left the Nils Anderson and at his left his fiancee.

Historical buildings and places

677 Currie Road. Owned by Michael Green, editor of Natal Daily News. First deed of transfer of the site, subdivision 3 of Lot 126, Block B of the town Lands of Durban no. 1737, was registered in 1881.

Historical buildings and places

Ficus Benghalensis, branches send shoots to the ground common name Banyan (India)

Historical buildings and places

504 Windermere road. Woodcutter's restaurant, a reconstruction.

Historical buildings and places

Close view of Benghalensis.

Historical buildings and places

68 Ridge road. Now an old age home. It was declared a national monument in 1984. built in 1898 by the architect Sir David Hunter.

Historical buildings and places

Dr E. Jansen and Mrs Jansen handed over their collection of porcelaine pieces and antique furniture all of which are displayed temporaly in the Victorian house in Strouben street, Pretoria.

Historical buildings and places

20 Glenearn road off Hartley road. One of the oldest houses in this area, built c1900. The wood family lived there in 1912.

Historical buildings and places

Krugers house in church street, Pretoria.

Historical buildings and places

Rissek Post Office 1981.

Historical buildings and places

Tombstone.

Historical buildings and places

West Street c1950 looking west. Trolley buses introduced c.1950. The old tram lines were at a later stage removed.

Historical buildings and places

City gardens and environs, 1936. Note Dead Man's Tree corner of Gardiner and West Street.

Historical buildings and places

Smith Steet c.1930s.

Historical buildings and places

Gardiner Street 1931. Visit of the Grenadier Guard Band to Durban. The band is depicted leaving the war memorial after a wreath was laid. 5 March 1931.

Historical buildings and places

Post office clock tower and 320 West street. Old Natal Bank has been abolished and replaced by a multi storey building. Old Castle Arcade and Randles Bros. and Hudson replaced by 320 West street.

Historical buildings and places

Moore Road. Flamboyant trees. c.1984

Historical buildings and places

Old fort Chapel. Erected in 1850's. The Chapel used on occasions for marriages. A silent memory of the fallen in the Congella battle which involved Dick King's heroic horseback ride to Grahamstown on 25 May 1840.

Historical buildings and places

Methodist church in Musgrave Road. Built in 1900. Gothic revival church of the Victorian period.

Pages

10861 records found.