Campbell Collections

Thumbnail Titlesort descending Description
Historical buildings and places

Criterion Theatre, c1940

Historical buildings and places

" In loving memory of Senator the Hon. Sir Marshall Campbell. The second son of the late William Campbell of Muckleneuk and Victoria country. Born 10th July 1848, passed away 20th April 1917.

Historical buildings and places

" To the memory of Francis Harvey and Anna his wife. Formerly of Hayle copperhouse cornwall, settled in Verulam in 1850." They lived for others and may they rest from their labours and their works do follow them. 1882.

Historical buildings and places

"... George Robert Adams. Died 29 August 1963, aged 92 years old."

Historical buildings and places

The Cigar box 433 Smith street. Housed in the Riches building built for the Riches family as headquarters for their printing works in 1901. Roman statue in a niche on the first floor is called. ''Spirit of Equity'' as endorsed by the British Museum.

Historical buildings and places

The Cigar box 433 Smith street. Housed in the Riches building built for the Riches family as headquarters for their printing works in 1901. Roman statue in a niche on the first floor is called. ''Spirit of Equity'' as endorsed by the British Museum.

Historical buildings and places

Corner Gardiner and Smith Street. c1910. Dtae stamp on back of post card 12/5/1910.

Historical buildings and places

The old Market house (at right). Built in 1910 in Pine street. Domes in background are of the fire station and the telephone exchange. At left back entrances of Randle Bros. and Hudson, Castle Arcade and Henwoods.

Historical buildings and places

Area between Stanger and Prince Alfred streets. Transportation of logs with sign reading "Fraser and Chalmers''.

Historical buildings and places

Smith Street, corner of Masonic Grove. "x" at right hand of picture indicates the tobacconist which still exists. The two bigger buildings in forefront of picture have been demolished. Factory logs for African Plywood Co. Fraser and Chalmers Ltd.

Historical buildings and places

Gardiner Street and Dead Man's Tree, on the corner of Gardiner and West street near the Post office. A portion of the post Office facing Pine street embodied the once popular empire Cinema and narrow street separating the Cinema and the old portion of the Post Office.

Historical buildings and places

Corner of West and Gardiner street. c1930. The traffic officer with his back to the camera standing on a platform was known as "the Prince of Wales" because of the unique similarity.

Historical buildings and places

Hist building. Warrior's gate of the Old Fort. built in 1936.

Historical buildings and places

Technikon Natal.

Historical buildings and places

Telephone exchange, erected 1909.

Historical buildings and places

Old law court building converted into a museum. 1866 main post office and law courts. 1899 right wing added 1891 left wing added. 1962 taken out by provincial authorities and entire building made into public museum.

Historical buildings and places

City swimming bath, it was first under cover. first bath in Durban.

Historical buildings and places

Queens tavern restaurant. Built in 1890. houses the british middle east indian. sporting and dining club 16 Stamford hill road. Durban

Historical buildings and places

Warrior's gate of the Old Fort, built in 1936, corner of Old Fort road and N.M.R Avenue.

Historical buildings and places

Dick King's house, Isiphingo. Presently converted into a clinic with only two of the wall supports from the original home

Pages

10329 records found.